I took my microphone down to the shops with me, but there weren't that many kids around. Cannon Hill's a bit more for the retirees I think - besides, if you were going to go all out you'd go to one of the bigger book stores. Managed to get a bit of audio though, so I can say my purchase of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is a mere happenstance, which occurred as I was fulfilling work duties. That's my story and I'm sticking with it!
Now predictions from me before I open the book. Let's see how I do:
- Harry lives. Voldemort dies (or suffers his "fate worse than death").
- Harry gets it on with Ginny; ditto Ron/Hermione; ditto Neville/Luna; ditto Hagrid/Olympe; ditto Filch/Pince.
- Death Eaters will kill Umbridge and Fudge. No one will really care.
- Scrimgeour will prove nasty. Not Death Eater nasty; but Dick Cheney nasty. In possibly related events, something will happen to Percy Weasley.
- Neville will do some crazy-ass funky shit. That's about the best description I can muster. It'll probably involve Bellatrix too.
- Snape... Snape, Snape. It's hard to pick, but I still reckon he's good, and will redeem himself. Possible self-sacrifice there.
- McGonagall will ultimately prove how kick-ass she is. It's Minerva's time to shine!
- Malfoy will be redeemed; again, possibly to do with Snape.
- Behind the veil will be a spooky land of spookiness that Harry will be able to access in some way. Really I just want to see a bit of Sirius.
- Dumbledore will have some way of communicating with Harry. As for the "gleam of triumph" - I've still got nothing.